Thursday, January 25, 2007

Rock and Roll!
If you've been reading this blog for any length of time you're aware that in addition to beauty, glamour, skin care, manicures, pedicures and makeovers I'm also into football. I know, I know, odd combination. I'm also really big into music and I love to sing. Singers typically write songs, as I have done. Next year I'll have to submit some of my work and see if I can be one of the We Are Listening song contest winners. Go to their site NOW! Check out this year's entrants, vote for and download your favorite. There are three winners who will soon get to go to London and work in a famous studio with the legendary Steve Williams who has been a producer for artists like Sting, Seal and Eric Clapton! Did I mention the winners also get luxury accomodations at a five star hotel? I'm definitely entering this one next year! For those of you who are ready now, there's still a little over a month left to submit your work and have it heard.

We Are Listening is a London-based company, providing professional opportunities for up-and-coming musicians worldwide. Their site includes a great blog which contains some nice music industry nuggets. Also, either they're really good with PhotoShop or they have their own airplane complete with artwork and logos. It's a very large plane, too - we're not talking Cessna here.
The Link Boutique on their site has a great list of featured artists including one that opened for Bon Jovi here in DC not too long ago in front of 15,000 fans and aired on FOX and CNN.
Visit the Success Stories portion of their site so you can see for yourself that songwriting contests really do work!
Go on and get yourself heard. Submit your song and who knows? Shoot for the moon and you'll land amongst the stars.



this is a paid post

No comments: