Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Credit Card Debt Consolidation
I went through this process some years back and while it was painful then, it's so great to be debt-free now. You have no idea what a relief it was when I made the final payment. Then again, I remember they accidentally deducted the regular payment amount the month after the final payoff as well. That took some time to get sorted out but they did me right and all is well.
Being a teenager with two credit cards was lots of fun, until it came time to join the workforce and pay down those balances, which is impossible to do if you're just paying the minimum amount. I even once took a cash advance from one card to make the payment on the other. Ouch! Learn from my mistakes and don't ever get into big Credit Card Debt. It is a downward spiral that took a long time to get out of.
What helped so much was to go to a Credit Card Debt Management place and have them work out payment arrangements with the debtors so that you can have a fixed low monthly payment and get all those cards paid off. For me it took 5 years and it was a struggle, but I never would have made it had I not consolidated that debt.


this is a paid post

No comments: