Friday, September 12, 2008

Master Cleanse, Day 1

I decided to go on the Master Cleanse "Lemonade Diet" by Stanley Burroughs to detoxify my system. It's the same one the beautiful Beyonce Knowles went on in preparation for her role in the movie Dreamgirls.

Day 1:
(My Day 0 didn't go as planned, I did not have the Smooth Move herbal laxative tea on hand to drink the night before I began Day 1.)
I drank 3 of the 8-ounce glasses of the lemonade, Grade B maple syrup, cayenne pepper mixture and a couple of glasses of water throughout the day. I did not feel hungry all day, just a bit sluggish. I wanted a cup of coffee so bad, but I stayed away. I didn't drink the recommended 6 - 12 glasses of the lemonade mixture.
Just before I went to bed, I drank the herbal laxative tea.
That night I kept having dreams that I had eaten something and I was mad at myself for ruining the detox. I was so relieved when I woke up the next morning and realized I hadn't actually eaten anything.

No comments: