Monday, August 20, 2007

Prescription for Disaster? Just heard that between 1997 and 2005 prescription drug use was up by some 90%. This upset me just a little bit. I understand that a good portion of that is because of the aging population and their dependence on painkillers as they grow older. However, I'm not a fan of prescription pills. In my opinion they lead to skin problems and when people tell me they can't use anything on their skin my first inclination is to ask them what prescriptions they're on. I often don't do that because I don't want to be nosy about people's medical conditions, so what I usually do is tell them that some prescription drugs have been known to cause skin problems, which is the absolute truth.
I hate to think that people are suffering through all the side effects of these pills and not taking care of their skin the way they should. It's a shame.

No comments: