Friday, March 16, 2007

Run for Your Health. I've always been health conscious and recently I have taken up running. I want to be able to get to the point where I can keep up easily with my husband when he goes jogging around the neighborhood. There's nothing worse than running a few yards and then gasping for breath. I'm sure my dogs would enjoy the exercise as well.
My sister is a great source of inspiration for me. She has competed in a few marathons and half marathons in Virginia and San Diego and she's in great shape. The Wirefly National Marathon is coming up soon in my area. It's their 2nd annual run and takes place on Saturday, March 24th. I won't be able to attend this year, however. There's already so much happening on that day! I already had to choose between a fundraiser, a training seminar, a Second Chance Prom or watching my hubby win another dirtbike race and I chose the fundraising event. It's not political, though. Gotta help out those Scouts! I won't be ready for the marathon this year anyway, I have a lot of training ahead of me yet.

This year's race is taking a new course which from what I understand will allow the runners to see more monuments and historical items rather than running through boring areas. As it stands now, the weather is predicted to be sunny with a high of 64. That's subject to change of course but it sounds like perfect running weather to me.

There's an Expo the day before the marathon at the DC Armory from 11:00am to 9:00pm where sports-related vendors will have displays set up. I may go and check that out and pick up some new gear.

Oh, and in case you're wondering what Wirefly is about, it's Wirefly Mobile and their website offers cellphones, service plan comparison, ringtones and accessories.

No comments: